Comprehensive eye exams
What Are The Benefits Of A Comprehensive Eye Exam?
Comprehensive eye exams evaluate all aspects of your vision and eye health.
The comprehensive eye exam looks at your eye externally and internally for any signs of eye disease, then tests your vision in a variety of ways.
- External Exam – This is an evaluation of the whites of your eyes, the iris, pupil, eyelids, and eyelashes.
- Internal Exam – This is an evaluation of the retina and optic nerve while your eyes are dilated.
- Visual Function and Eye Health – This includes testing depth perception, color vision, peripheral vision, and the response of the pupils to light, as well as an evaluation of eye focusing, eye teaming, and eye movement abilities.
- Glaucoma Testing – This is a test of fluid pressure within your eyes to check for the possibility of glaucoma.
- Visual Acuity – Your doctor will test your vision with different lenses to determine if glasses or contact lenses can improve your vision.